The purposes of the association are:
• The promotion of issues related to the development of production, distribution and marketing of products of animal origin and issues related to farm animals.
• The study of problems and issues, the use of research methods and technology and generally any means to achieve maximum production and excellent quality of products in the industry, as well as for a better knowledge of market rules
• The promotion of industry products both in the internal market and in other markets. The contribution to the formulation of a national policy for the products of the industry with special emphasis on the products of designation of origin and especially on the “feta” cheese.
• The defense of the conditions reserved for the products of the industry before the Greek and Community authorities, as well as the competent authorities of other countries.
• The promotion of measures for the protection of the environment, the historical and cultural heritage in the field of animal husbandry, manners and customs, through training and information events, undertaking activities, elaboration of programs and studies, within the purposes of the Association and the current law.
• Cooperation with community and international organizations in the industry, in order to promote its interests.
• Participation in institutions, collective organizations, interprofessional organizations, which operate in accordance with the provisions of national and community legislation and generally in legal entities under private or public law which aim at the development of livestock products in the interest of the industry.