– In India: SEK undertook as the beneficiary of the PDO FETA Name in the conclusion of an agreement between the EU. and India, for the protection of Protected Designations of Origin and Protected Geographical Indications, in the framework of bilateral agreements concluded by the EU. with third countries.
• The elaboration, after extensive cooperation with its members, which culminated in the National Conference on Livestock National Reconstruction and Development Plan with a focus on the comparative advantages of each sector, the needs and capabilities of the country and with the aim of emerging the industry as a driving force of the national agricultural economy.
• Participation and intervention in the formulation of national policy for the implementation of the CFP. SEK participated in all levels of public consultation, constantly intervening to shape the positions that serve and ensure the interests of the Greek breeder.
We also note the contribution of SEK to the following:
• The inclusion of woodland pastures in the community definition so that they can be included in the eligible areas.
• The revision of the coupled aid scheme for the benefit of animal husbandry.
• In the submission of substantiated proposals for the formation of a national genetic improvement framework in order to utilize the animal genetic resources of the country and the strengthening of the Genetic Improvement Centers, in order to maintain and improve the Greek breeds of endangered farm animals.
• The current interventions in the Production and Trade Committee in the Parliament for the drafting of bills related to livestock – poultry.
• The possibility of selling self-produced dairy products at street markets, in the establishment and operation of businesses, such as dairy shops and butcheries, inside or next to a property with livestock facilities, are proposals of SEK that were incorporated in the provisions of Law 4056/2012.